Embassies, Consulates & Missions in Finland
An embassy, consulate or mission provides an array of services. These can include:
- Passport services for citizens
- Registration of citizens' contact details if residing abroad
- Consular services ex. emergency assistance for citizens
- Voting facilitation for citizens outside their home country during elections
- Travel information and advisory services
- Visa and migration information
- Information about studying in, or doing business with, the represented country
As of June 2015 there are almost 150 foreign embassies and consulates in Finland, most n Helsinki. Not all countries have an embassy in Finland; their activities are handled from the capital of some other country, usually Stockholm or London. Some hundred states have a so-called non-resident ambassador accredited to Finland. Russia has consular representation both in Turku and Mariehamn to complement their embassy's services and activities.
The Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland maintains an accurate list of embassies of foreign states as well as career consulates and honorary consulates in Finland. The Ministry's site is available in Finnish, Swedish and English.
www.formin.fi > In English > Services and financial support > All services and financial support A–Z > Diplomatic portal > Diplomatic representation of foreign states in Finland / Helsinki Diplomatic List > Representation of foreign states in Finland
Also available is a complete list of Finland's representation abroad, by country.
www.formin.fi > In English > Entering Finland and travelling abroad > Countries A–Z