Relocating to Finland: Relocation Services
- Jump Down to:
- What do Relocation Services do?
- Finnish Relocation Companies
- Expatriate Coaching
- Related Links
Relocating abroad is a challenge with benefits. You may become bilingual, you will almost certainly grow more adaptable, and you will build contacts on an international level. This article will be of interest to people relocating to Finland on a global assignment:
YLE News article, 24.01.2015 Relocated Foreign Executives Happy with Services in Finland:
Finland Relocation Services surveyed 53 foreign executives and experts relocated to Finland. Respondents were generally positive. They praised the support of public authorities and appreciated Finland's public services. They found Finns friendly, honest and efficient, they felt accepted in Finland and were able to get by easily in English. On the downside were low income, high taxes and - for those who tried - the Finnish language.
See also: Finnish culture and cross-culture
Services can include:
- assistance with residence permits, visas and long-term stay permissions
- arranging necessary documents and registrations with local authorities
- finding a new house or accommodation
- finding a school for children
- finding a job for the partner or "trailing spouse"
- informing about social security, for example healthcare & childcare
- arranging Finnish &/or other language training for the family
- introducing fresh expats to the Finnish culture and customs
- helping set up banking / financial services
- providing guidance on import regulations and excise
Relocation services generally contact new employees before they are due to move, chart their needs, and create a plan for settling them in Finland quickly and smoothly.
These relocation companies are all well established with good reputations, effectively providing the above-mentioned services:
- Forenom: Forenom's tailor-made corporate mobility and relocation services include immigration arrangements, locating and organising a home, guidance on local customs and services, and assistance for spouses and families. Services are backed by Forenom's extensive experience in the Finnish real estate market as well as Human Resources experience drawn from Forenom's parent company, Barona Group. Forenom's relocation services can be tied to international recruiting in collaboration with Barona. En, Fi, Ru
Contact: Johanna Larsson
Tel: +358 50 536 9091
Head Office: Mannerheimintie 113, 00280 Helsinki Map
- Alfa Quality Moving & Relocation: Founded in 1995, AQM assists with all practicalities associated with a foreign assignment. They provide immigration, pre-arrival, post-arrival and departure relocation services including third country assignments. Additional services include international moving and secure storage. AQM has offices throughout Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark, and partners with quality global mobility providers worldwide. AQM is a leader in the Nordic countries for Relocation Services. En, Fi, Sw, No, Da
Tel: +358 20 7931 100
Helsinki Office: Henry Fordin Katu 5 C, 00150 Helsinki Map
- Return Ticket: Established in 1997, Return Ticket's expertise in the personnel aspects of internationalisation helps companies, employees and families make assignments in Finland a success. Tailored relocation packages are in four modules: Pre-arrival (including ex. documentation and registration, housing, schooling), Settling in (including ex. healthcare, banking, driving), Culture training and Language training. The Spouse Support programme helps trailing spouses take advantage of opportunities in Finland. En, Fi
Contact: Marja Saviaro
Tel: +358 40 703 2535
Helsinki Office: Liljasaarentie 3, 00340 Helsinki Map
- Finland Relocation Services: In 1994 FRS became Finland's first specialist relocation service. FRS facilitates effective international mobility with benefits including increased productivity, reduced stress, and improved staff retention and company image. Relocation services can be provided for a move to or from Finland, and with its international co-operation partners FRS can provide relocation services between third countries. FRS has an informative blog, and offices in Helsinki / Espoo, Tampere, Salo, Oulu and Jyväskylä. En, Fi
Tel: +358 9 502 1220
Head Office: Westendintie 99-101 A 29, 02160 Espoo Map
Expatriate coaching, sometimes referred to as cross-cultural training, helps employees and their spouses on assignments abroad enhance their productivity and well-being in a new culture and environment. Coaching focuses on issues such as cultural awareness, cross-cultural differences, mobile relationships, change management, and social and professional integration and networking.
Dialogue with the coach establishes values and goals, and a realistic plan for achieving them is created. Support is also provided for the accompanying spouse in matters such as international career guidance. Employers benefit also, as the cultural competency gained by staff promotes the success of the venture, and can help develop global leadership capabilities valuable for both present and future assignments.
- Expat Coaching: Ludger Marekwia's Expat Coaching helps expatriates and internationals adapt to their new working environment as well as identify and address cultural, family and other social and personal challenges. His coaching is tailored to help achieve success, satisfaction, balance and a sense of meaning. Coaching can be on-site or in Regus Business Hotels Helsinki metropolitan area.
Ludger is a German national, resident in Finland since 2006. He has held long-term professional assignments in Finland, Sweden and Switzerland, and holds an ILS certificate in Personal and Business Coaching. En, De, Fi
Tel: +358 40 966 4075
Helsinki Office: Visakoivunkuja 3A, 02130 Espoo Map
In To Finland
By no means a relocation service as described above, In To Finland nevertheless provides certain relocation-related services useful for some clients. In To Finland is a shared service point of the Social Insurance Institution of Finland Kela and the Finnish Tax Administration, and provides advice and assistance for:
- entrepreneurs and students moving to Finland from other countries
- agencies and companies in Finland who are hiring or bringing in employees from outside the country
- people moving to Finland to work
At the In To Finland service point in Helsinki you can for example apply for a tax card and the worker-specific tax number required in the construction industry. Or, people coming to work in Finland temporarily can obtain a Finnish personal identification number without having to visit the local register office.
In To Finland: www.intofinland.fi En, Est, Fi, Ru, Sw
Kela can also be contacted by individual and institutional clients with questions about moving to or from Finland:
Tel: 020 634 0200 for service in Finnish or English
Tel: 020 634 0300 for service in Swedish
- Furnished Apartments in Finland: Medium- to long-term rentals of furnished apartments in Helsinki and throughout Finland