EURES - The European Job Mobility Portal
EURES - European Employment Services - is a cooperation network designed to facilitate the free movement of workers within the EU countries plus Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland. The network is coordinated by the European Commission, and partners include public employment services, trade union and employers' organizations. EURES has a human network of more than 850 EURES advisers across Europe.
At the EURES Job Mobility Portal job-seekers can search advertised positions by occupation, location, keyword or date. As of January 2015 there are over 1,300,000 jobs advertised at the site, including thousands of positions in Finland.
EURES is also a meeting point for employers and job-seekers. CV's can be posted on the site, and employers can look for suitable applicants and get in touch with them easily. Job-seekers can present their profile in English, German or French.
The site's Living and Working Conditions database contains details on a wide range of practical, legal and administrative questions. Another valuable tool is the Labour Market Information database, which contains information on current trends in the European labour market by country, region and sector of activity.
The service is free to both job-seekers and employers.
Visit the Job Mobility Portal: www.ec.europa.eu/eures/ and choose your language. The site and search engine is available in 25 languages, however the results of searches are usually in Finnish only.
Hot Tip: How to use Google Translate for an acceptable translation of your search results:
- Conduct the EURES search in your native language
- From the results of your search, select & copy the block of text containing jobs in Finland
- In a new tab or window, open www.translate.google.com and paste the text in the left-hand box
- Click the Translate button and the results will appear in the right-hand box. These usually contain a job description, the contact person, phone number, email and more.
Note: Jobs published in Finnish-only at EURES probably require the successful applicant to speak Finnish!
- See Expat Finland's Private Employment Agencies & Recruitment Services page
- See Expat Finland's Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment Employment Service page