Disputes with Finnish Banks - Advice & Resolution
- Jump Down to:
- Related Links
Dispute Resolution - Finnish Financial Ombudsman Bureau
In the unfortunate event of a dispute with a Finnish bank, the Finnish Financial Ombudsman Bureau may be able to help. The Financial Ombudsman Bureau is independent of government authorities and The Federation of Finnish Financial Services. Its services are accessible to private customers, small corporate customers, and comparable others.
The Bureau can advise customers in questions relating to the banking business, such as interpretation of agreements and information about proceedings available to customers when resolving disagreements with the bank. Services of the Financial Ombudsman Bureau are provided free of charge.
When should the Financial Ombudsman Bureau be contacted?
In problem situations customers should first contact their bank directly. If the reply received from the bank is unsatisfactory, the Financial Ombudsman Bureau can be contacted for information on how to effectively approach the bank with their complaint or other issue.
If the customer remains dissatisfied with the bank's reply, the Financial Ombudsman Bureau can be further contacted for information about:
- Finnish banking legislation
- the application of the terms of agreement
- other matters relating to Finnish banking practice
If the customer is not satisfied with the determinations of the Financial Ombudsman Bureau, the Bureau can inform them about further actions to be taken in order to resolve the dispute.
Financial Ombudsman Bureau
Monday to Thursday 10:00 - 16:00
Address: Porkkalankatu 1, FI-00180 Helsinki
Tel: +358 9 6850 120
Fax: +358 9 6850 1220
www.fine.fi > In English
- Finnish Consumer Authority > Payment, bills and debt collection: Financial and Debt advice in English, Swedish, Sami and Finnish
- Financial Supervisory Authority: Objectives include balanced operations of Finland's financial institutions, and fostering public confidence in market operations
- Federation of Finnish Financial Services > English: Information about all aspects of Finnish banks & the banking industry
- Lawyers & Legal Representation in Finland: When should you contact a lawyer? Civil proceedings. Legal aid. How to find a lawyer