Realtors / Real Estate Agents in Finland
- Jump Down to:
- Real Estate Brokerage in Finland
- Estate Agents' Services
- Finnish Real Estate Agents
- Related Links
The Central Federation of Finnish Real Estate Agencies, KVKL, is the umbrella organization for the real estate brokerage business. KVKL aims to ensure safe housing transactions by promoting research, competence, transparency, ethical and legal regulation, and compliance. It seems KVKL is doing its job; my own experience with Finnish realtors (two sales, one purchase) is that they are are professional, efficient and ethical. Of course you should still be careful when engaging in such weighty financial transactions, but chances are your agent will work with you in a straight, honest manner.
No Lawyer or Conveyancer Required
Finnish real estate agents provide the usual services of property valuation and marketing, showing properties and receiving offers. However, unlike for example Australia or North America there is no need to engage a lawyer/attorney or licensed conveyancer to effect the transfer of legal title of property; conveyancing is performed by the real estate agents and the banks involved in the transaction.
The commission paid by the seller for agents' services ranges from quoted figures of about 4% to 7%, depending on how it is calculated. In real terms variations between agents probably don't amount to more than 1%, but 1% is significant when dealing with property transactions. The commission is sometimes negotiable; don't be afraid to ask for a better deal - even half a percent can make a big difference.
- assessing the value of the house or apartment
- preparing the brokerage contract
- acquiring documentation such as the house manager's certificate, extract from the land register, encumbrance documents
- giving the seller advice and guidance on real estate matters
- newspaper advertising and other marketing activities
- taking/inviting prospective buyers to inspect the property
- providing information to prospective buyers regarding the property and the sale of the property
- receiving offers, and possibly a deposit
- preparing the deed of sale
Ensure that information obtained by the realtor, such as encumbrance documents or the house manager's certificate, is up to date and accurate. The seller may be liable for incorrect information: Read more
It's a good idea for a seller to have valuations done by at least 2 agents, but Finnish agents are realistic and you shouldn't find much difference between valuations. Similarly, Finnish agents will not usually waste a buyer's time by asking them to view properties
The whole process from initial offer to moving in can take as little as a week to as much as 3 or 4 months, dependent on availability of funds, previous contractual obligations, whether the buyer already has a buyer for their old property, whether the seller has found a new place to live, etcetera.
The following are all long-established agents working Finland-wide. Website information in languages other than Finnish is mostly only "In Brief" and "Contact", but expanded English versions are becoming more common.
All these agents will be able to offer assistance by phone or in person in English, Finnish and Swedish. Russian, Estonian and other languages may well also be available.
The following list includes estate agents in Helsinki, Espoo, Vantaa, Hämeenlinna, Joensuu, Jyväskylä, Kajaani, Kotka, Kuopio, Lahti, Lappeenranta, Mikkeli, Oulu, Pori, Rauma, Riihimäki, Rovaniemi, Savonlinna, Seinäjoki, Tampere, Turku, Vaasa
Newsec Kodisto: Managing over 8000 rental apartments throughout Finland. The Kodisto search engine is available in English and Finnish (choose language at bottom of page). Commercial property also available. Newsec has offices in Helsinki, Hämeenlinna, Imatra, Jyväskylä, Kokkola, Kuopio, Oulu, Tampere, Turku, Vaasa.
Helsinki Office: Mannerheiminaukio 1 A, PL 52, 00101 Helsinki Finland Map
Tel: +358 207 420 400
- kodisto.fi Rental apartment search En, Fi
- Customer service
- toimitilahaku.fi: Commercial property search in English - select English in the Suomi / English language box at bottom right of page.
- Huoneistokeskus: En, Est, Fi, Ge, Ru, Sw
- OP Koti: En, Fi, Ru, Sw
- Habita: Multi-language
- Kiinteistomaailma: En, Fi, Sw
- RE/MAX: . Independent franchised agents En, Fi
- SKV: Fi
- Finnish Consumer Authority > Buying, selling and making contracts > Housing > The real estate agent: The Finnish Consumer Authority has information on choosing a real estate agent, commissions, contracts, agents' obligations, offers, closing the En, Fi, Sw, Sa
- Renting in Finland: General information, law, leases, tenancy agreements
- Finding Housing Online: Finnish housing search engines, and a guide to using them
- Furnished & Serviced Apartments: Short- to long-term furnished rental apartments in Helsinki and throughout Finland, Furnishing Services
- Project Accommodation: Local furnished employee accommodation for project teams of up to 300 throughout Finland
- Buying Property: Types of housing purchases, Transfer tax, Terminology of Apartment Purchases
- Selling Property: Selling apartments and houses, Seller's rights and responsibilities, Documentation required, Provision of information, Notification of defects
- Commercial Property: If you need a 'bricks and mortar' location for your new venture!
- Virtual Offices, and Meeting Rooms: Address and communication services, meeting and conference rooms
- Central Federation of Finnish Real Estate Agencies: Umbrella organization for companies engaged in real estate brokerage in Finland. Housing and real estate market information