Living in Finland - Finlandising!
So now you live here, it's time to get Finlandised! This section helps with settling into Finland.
In This Section
- The Finnish Language: Article with a humorous look at Finnish
- Language Training: Finnish language schools, Medical Finnish courses, Courses for adults and kids, Universities, Online language training
- Culture & Cross-culture: Finnish culture, cross-culture, & possible culture shock! Museums and public libraries, Books from Finland
- News, Magazines & Podcasts: Finnish news in multiple languages, Magazines & podcasts about Finland in English
- Taxation: Finnish Tax Administration and offices, Income tax in brief, Tax cards & tax returns, VAT rates
- Social Security: What is residence?, Residence-based and employment-based social security, Coverage & benefits, Kela application
- Public Healthcare: Kela card, European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), How to get treatment, Health centres, Cross-border healthcare, Hospitals, Dentists, Pharmacies, Crisis centre
- Private Healthcare: Information for travellers, About private healthcare, Private medical services
- Education: The Finnish system, Joining the system, Adult courses and vocational training, Religion in school
- Kindergartens & Preschools: English & foreign-language playschools, preschools and kindergartens in Helsinki, Espoo, Vantaa, Kirkkonummi, Oulu, Tampere, Kangasala, Sastamala, and Turku
- Private & International Schools: Private and government international and foreign language schools in Finland
- Religion: History & freedom of religion in Finland, Places of worship for many religions
- Driving in Finland: Finnish & foreign licences, Driving schools and instructors, Road rules & signs, Tyres, Buying and selling cars, Vehicle inspection, Registration & taxation
- Driving Tips & FAQ's: Quick Guide to Driving in Finland; speed limits, alcohol laws etc.
- City by City: Links to regional / municipal sites with information on healthcare, education, events, public transport and more
- Finnish Jokes: For true cultural integration, you'd better know some Finnish jokes!
- Fingerpori in English!: One of Finland's most popular cartoons, set in the small imaginary town of Fingerpori. By Pertti Jarla
- Relocation Services & Expatriate Coaching: Companies providing personal assistance with all aspects of relocating to Finland, including culture, housing, employment, education, language and more
- Events & Happenings: Finnish festivals, concerts, museum & gallery exhibitions, cultural & leisure happenings throughout Finland
- InfoFinland: Information about Finland in 12 languages: Moving to Finland, Living in Finland, Information about Finland, Local information