Telecommunications & Media in Finland
- Broadband access is guaranteed by law to every person in the country, no matter how secluded
- There are virtually no 'landline' telephones; even the switchboards of large companies use mobile
- There are about twice as many data subscriber numbers in Finland as there are people
This section will help you get set up but try to stay active... because you never have to leave your apartment again!
In This Section
- Telephone Services: Mobile phones & accounts, Finnish networks/operators, prepaid mobile & data services, international calls, country codes, calls over the Internet, landlines
- Internet Service Providers: Finnish ISP's, mobile Internet, broadband / laajakaista, wireless and prepaid data subscriptions and prices in Finland
- Television: Digital TV & Eqipment, channels, programming and guides, Public Broadcasting Tax
- Pay TV - Premium Channels: Pay TV packages, operators and subscriptions
- Streaming TV: TV over the Internet from Finnish broadcasters and service providers
- Satellite TV: Satellite operators in Finland, Sky Television
- Radio Stations: Streaming radio, private & national stations throughout Finland, frequencies & demographics
- Viestintävirasto: Finnish Communications Regulatory Authority
The Viestintävirasto site provides detailed technical, legal and consumer information about all forms of regulated communications in Finland. The main sections of interest are Internet & Telephone, TV & Radio, Post, and Information Security.
- Internet & Telephone: Acquisition, use, availability and functionality of telephone and broadband services. Includes .fi domain name info.
- TV & Radio: Operations and networks, receiving TV broadcasts, radio programmes
- Post: Postal market and service, consumer rights, problems & disputes
- Information Security: Security and confidentiality of electronic communications. Articles, alerts and vulnerability advisories
- www.viestintavirasto.fi En, Fi, Sw