Flights & Airports
- Jump Down to:
- Comparing Flights & Prices
- Domestic Airlines in Finland - Schedules & Bookings
- International Flights - Schedules & Bookings
- Airports & Airport Services
- Related Links
Flight pricing in Finland
Most flight tickets in Finland are now purchased online, and sites which provide prices from numerous airlines 'at one click' can land you a deal you would not have found if you had gone straight to an airline. Thankfully if you do have to go straight to an airline, pricing is more reasonable than it was in the past. So, do some comparing if you can but if you get caught in a situation like missing your flight and having to buy a replacement ticket at the airport, you probably won't get charged an outrageous price. It's a buyers' market!
Rantapallo Flight Listings and Search: Rantapallo's flight search helps you find the best flight to any destination, domestic or international. By providing you with rates for your journey from numerous airlines and travel agents, Rantapallo's search results let you identify the cheapest and/or fastest flight to your destination. Rantapallo has a strong reputation and is Finland's most-visited travel-focused media.
Matkapörssi Flight Listings and Search: Matkapörssi offers domestic and international flights with over 30 major airlines worldwide. Online search and booking is available in English for flights, as well as hotels and flight+hotel packages. Listings titled Lentotarjouksia or Tarjouksia are special deals! Contacts for assistance by telephone or email are available on the Yhteystiedot page.
This industry has been experiencing turbulence for some time. Domestic airlines can pop up, merge, get taken over, or disappear. Whatever the situation, Finnair is sure to continue providing regular, reliable services throughout Finland.
Many of the smaller airlines servicing domestic routes have schedules subject to change according to season or demand; please check their sites for service details. Tickets at each airline can be booked and purchased online. You can also search for domestic flights on sites such as Rantapallo, who provide prices, details and bookings for multiple operators.
Following are domestic flight operators in Finland as of May 2015.
- Finnair www.finnair.com: Finnair is the leading domestic airline and flies numerous routes within Finland daily
Top Tip: If you fly often, or a long distance just occasionally, join Finnair's frequent-flyer programme Finnair Plus. Why? For example, last time I flew to Australia I earned enough points for 2 return flights to Lapland - a big bonus for a winter holiday!
- NextJet www.nextjet.se: NextJet took over Air Åland's services in 2012 and now handles the Turku-Mariehamn route as well as numerous destinations in Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark
- SAS www.flysas.com: Formerly Blue1, now operating under the SAS banner. Provides Finnish internal flights as well as routes between about 15 Finnish cities and Scandinavia / Europe. Intercontinental destinations are available via Scandinavia
There are about 50 passenger airlines flying in and out of Finland from all over the world - way too many to list here! Let's just say you shouldn't have any trouble coming or going...
- If you need a flight to a particular destination, run a quick search at Rantapallo for a comparison of prices from multiple airlines and travel agents. You can also go straight to the national carrier Finnair, who have a comprehensive schedule in partnership with many carriers.
- If you are just thinking about a holiday and have no definite destination, check the Finnish Travel Agencies at which you can find great value 'last-minute deals' online!
If you are looking for 'distant future' flight schedules, the most accurate source of information is always the airline's web site. If you need arrival or departure information for an 'imminent' flight in Finland, see www.finavia.fi.
With 25 airports, Finland's air traffic sector is well serviced. There are regular flights to and from Helsinki-Vantaa, Enontekiö, Helsinki-Malmi, Ivalo, Joensuu, Jyväskylä, Kajaani, Kemi-Tornio, Kittilä, Kokkola-Pietarsaari, Kuopio, Kuusamo, Lappeenranta, Mariehamn, Oulu, Pori, Rovaniemi, Savonlinna, Tampere-Pirkkala, Turku, Vaasa, Varkaus, Mikkeli, and Seinäjoki.
Also known as Helsinki-Vantaa Airport. Helsinki Airport's website is available in English, Finnish, Swedish, Russian, Japanese and Chinese.
www.finavia.fi - Helsinki Airport
Public Transport to / from Helsinki Airport:
Tickets: A regional ticket is required for journeys from Helsinki to the airport and vice versa. Purchase from a ticket machine or bus driver.
Train: Ring Rail Line trains I and P. The Airport station is underground. At each end of the station there are escalators and lifts giving access to two different exits. It's a short walk from the station to Airport Terminals 1 and 2 along a connecting passageway.
Bus: 615 to / from Helsinki Train Station (Rautatientori, bay 12).
The civil aviation administration Finavia provides:
- Airport Information for all 25 airports: Check-in, Departure and Arrival information, Flight connections, Transport connections, Services at the Airport, Parking, Tourist information, Contact information
- Travel Guidelines: Packing instructions and restricted items, Check-in, Security control, Customs inspections and passport control, Transport of animals, Travelling with children, Information for persons with limited mobility
- Flight Connections: Look up direct and connecting flights to and from your home airport to your preferred destination in Finland
- Weather at Airports
- Wi-Fi at airports: Finavia offers all passengers free wireless internet access at almost all airports in Finland.
- Passenger Rights
- Finavia: www.finavia.fi - En, Fi, Sw
- Public Transport: Helsinki region, and city by city Finland-wide.
- Finnish Travel Agencies: Online and full-service travel agencies in Finland.
- Yellow Line www.airporttaxi.fi - En, Fi, Sw Airport taxis can be a great option for travelling to/from Helsinki-Vantaa Airport. The 'taxi' is a shared shuttle bus service. It's a fixed rate per passenger; a good money-saver if you're travelling alone. They also offer business services and limousine transports.