Ukraine: Travel Implications
Updated 21 April 2022
The Finnish Ministry for Foreign Affairs urges cancellation of all travel to Russia.
It is impossible to transfer money to/from Russia, or to use foreign cards for payment or to withdraw cash from ATMs in Russia.
The EU has banned Russian planes from EU airspace, which includes Finnish airspace.
Finnair flights in Russian airspace cancelled until 28 May 2022.
Finnair flights to Osaka and Hong Kong cancelled until 30 April 2022
Finnair operations in Ukrainian airspace suspended.
Coronavirus in Finland: Travel Status
New cases of COVID-19 remain high in Finland.
Masks are not required on public transport.
See authorities' and travel companies' websites for current rules and recommendations:
Finnish Government: International Travel
Air Travel: Finavia
Public Transport: Helsinki
Public Transport: Other Cities
Public Transport: Intercity
FAQs: Finnish Govt info and portal for all aspects of Corona
Travel in Finland
This section focuses on travel within Finland, but also tells you how to get out! The Cruises page will get you to the archipelago, Åland, Stockholm, Tallinn and St. Petersburg, and there's a Travel agencies page for trips further abroad. Hyvää matkaa.
Tip: Finland's municipal Route Planners are terrific; door-to-door, step-by-step directions and options for your trip!
Travel & Transit section:
- Finnish Travel Guides: Day trips and travel guides, letting you plan your holiday by destination, season or even your favourite activity!
- Finnish Adventures: Uniquely Finnish holidays, activities and tours, including 'extreme' adventures
- Finnish Travel Agencies: Full-service, online, and activity travel agencies in Finland
- Accommodation: Cabins & cottages, Bed & breakfasts, Holiday homes, apartments and aparthotels, Hotels, Hostels, Camping & camp sites
- Cruises & Ferries: Cruise to Stockholm and see Åland and the archipelago, or visit Tallinn and St.Petersburg!
- Flights & Airports: Domestic airlines, schedules, bookings, Finland-wide airports and services
- Long Distance Buses & Trains: Intercity travel in Finland. Travel to St. Petersburg. Domestic freight and courier service
- Local Public Transport: Helsinki region, City Bikes, Helsinki Airport, public transport city by city, ferries Finland-wide, Suomenlinna ferry
- Car Hire / Rental & Sharing: Car rental companies; Van, Mini-bus, 4-Wheel Drive, Motor home. Car sharing. Limousines
Tap the Share button
Tap Add to Home Screen
Name the shortcut, tap Add
Tap the Menu button
Tap Add to Home Screen
Name the shortcut, tap Submit